Tuesday 8 March 2011

My Top 15 Plays

My Top 15 Plays
This list is my unscientific recording of some of my favorite performances. I reserve the right to change my mind – mostly if I remember a play I liked better. I will also post short reviews explaining why I liked these plays so much at a later date (ie, when I get around to writing them).


  1. Hamlet (Bard on the Beach - 2005)
  2. Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead (Bard on the Beach - 2005)
  3. The Anderson Project (Playhouse)
  4. King Lear (Stratford)
  5. Billy Bishop Goes to War (Arts Club)
  6. Midsummer Nights Dream (Bard on the Beach - 2006)
  7. Noises Off (Playhouse)
  8. The Number 14 (Waterfront)
  9. Measure for Measure (Bard on the Beach - 1999)
  10. Arms and the Man (Playhouse)
  11. Syringa Tree (Playhouse)
  12. Taming of the Shrew (Bard on the Beach - 2001)
  13. Romeo and Juliet (Playhouse)
  14. Life of Galileo (East Van. Cultural Centre - 1999)
  15. Glass Menagerie (Gateway -1998)

More recent plays: I haven’t had time to figure out if where these will fall in my list because a huge part of what makes these plays my favorites is that they last in memory. I've seen these too recently to make that call, but I think they deserve an honorable mention.

  • Death of a Salesman (Playhouse)
  • Hamlet (Havana Theatre)
  • Romeo and Juliet (UBC)
  • Vigil (Playhouse)

No comments:

Post a Comment